Thread: alkaline diet?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-15, 10:29 AM
headloss 
Lost at sea...

Bikes: Schwinn Paramount (match), Trek 520, random bits and pieces...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
If you don't agree about pesticide-free food, fine. The study was in reference to soil chemistry. Organic farmers don't use commercial fertilizer. That's huge.
A valid concern, but the data on nutritional value of organic vs conventional is debatable as well... for me it's more about good farm practice, rotating crops, and the long term potential depletion of land. Both farm types can be good stewards, or poor ones so I try not to generalize. UNCTAD had an interesting report on industrial farming practices in developing countries that has been making waves as of late, mostly for being taken out of context. None the less, a really interesting and enlightening read on economic policy and unintended consequences. unctad.org | Trade and Environment Review 2013

Our agriculture system is incredibly complex and the more I read/learn the more I realize how much I don't know. In fact, one of my New Year's resolutions is to find time to visit a few farms (of various types) this summer and ask questions and learn as much as possible!