Old 01-05-15, 10:01 AM
D1andonlyDman

Bikes: mid 1980s De Rosa SL, 1985 Tommasini Super Prestige all Campy SR, 1992 Paramount PDG Series 7, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1998 Trek Y-foil, 2006 Schwinn Super Sport GS, 2006 Specialized Hardrock Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
OK OK sorry I made some sort of stupid typo. I was referring to Torelli bikes not Rossin. Rossin are certainly a top shelf brand. It was the idea of putting Torelli in company with Tommasini and Cinelli I was referring too. It was always my understanding that Torelli was for those who wanted a nice Italian bike but had a lower budget, like a De Rosa
DeRosa's were certainly not lower budget bikes. BTW, when I bought my Tommasini frame in 1986, it cost the same as a Colnago from Nashbar, while a DeRosa would have been slightly more: $379 each for the Tommasini Super Prestige or Colnago Master, while the DeRosa was $399 - all were straight Columbus SLX framesets at the time. I always regarded the 3 as extremely comparable - but I bought the Tommasini because it was, IMHO, the best looking of the 3 - The Colnago was also backordered in the color I wanted in my size.