View Single Post
Old 01-06-15, 08:41 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by coasting
all this talk about garmin...when did cycling become so complicated. I remember when I picked up the bike and just rode with gay abandon. Now I dress funny, I fiddle with my nads to get comfortable, I eat, I digest, I check tyres, I check my bag, I check my pockets, I worry about food and drink, I put on my funny shoes, I fiddle with computer (well that has ended now), etc etc.

Such a palava!
Heathpack, she needs to know. What? Everything.

Interestingly enough, the "wind in the hair" cyclists are forever bemoaning the complexity of the type of cycling that I do. Yet who is out there actually riding day after day, week after week? Me, data girl. I just like to ride my bikes. I just like data. Data does not detract for someone like me, it vastly enhances the experience.

To each his/her own of course. But it just strikes me as funny when the wind-in-the-hairs imply my data devices take the joy out of cycling. Because I doubt there is anyone out there who likes to ride more than I do.