View Single Post
Old 01-08-15, 04:51 PM
Newbiepuke

Bikes: Trek 7.3 Fx Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 55 and at 49 weighted 186 and got tired of sore knees and heavy breathing when i climbed 6 stairs! I had owned a bike for a year but rarely used it and when I rode 3 miles out and 3 back i could barely climb the stairs to my deck. A beautiful, very fit woman entered my life and I was inspired. She told me about P90X and I gave it a try. I lost 25 pounds over a few years and got to the point where I could do 17 chin ups and rode my first century.

Now, at almost 55 I still work out hard 6 days a week. I do mostly P90X3 but also bike, use a trainer, kayak, do yoga, hike and snow shoe. I can't imagine ever stopping!! I love feeling 21 again! We have a two story and I have a home office. I rarely walk up the stairs - I always sprint up them. I have a bounce in my step and flexibility that I haven't had since I was 9. At my daughters wedding last summer my niece's 12 year old son looked at me when we were on the beach and he said, "You're ripped for an old man." I still laugh thinking about that comment. I'm glad he thinks so at least.