View Single Post
Old 01-09-15, 03:09 PM
Phloom

Bikes: Too many to list here

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Only one bike so far and that was almost 30 years ago. I was living in a basement suite with a roommate. One thing I don't miss about being young, is being poor. My roommate liked my bicycle more than his, so he was riding it with no regard to keeping it locked up. His bicycle was never locked up and nobody bothered to steal it. My bicycle was a Falcon I bought in London, England and I rode it all over Europe back in the summer of 1976. I really loved that bike. I even broke two of my top front teeth when I slipped on the gravel and could not get my feet out of the toe clips in time. Face first into the gravel and asphalt.

I moved into a different place soon after that happened. I didn't even get an apology for losing my bike. I sort of got revenge. My ex-roommate is still working at the same menial job when I first met him. More than 30 years delivering parcels. He put as much effort into his career as he put into caring for my bicycle.

I am obsessive when it comes to locking up my bicycles. A Kryptonite New York Fahgettaboudit U-Lock through the frame and back wheel. And a cable with a heavy duty key lock through the wheels and frame. The bike is locked up whenever it is out of my sight even when it is in the basement of my house. This is my commuter. My vintage Raleigh never gets locked up outside my house because I never leave it unattended. [h=5][/h]