Thread: Ask Scrod
View Single Post
Old 01-10-15, 04:11 AM
europa
Grumpy Old Bugga

Bikes: Hillbrick, Malvern Star Oppy S2, Europa (R.I.P.)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GENESTARWIND
scrod do you have experience with maxxis re fuse tires? if so what's your take on them
Scrod will give you his experiences. Mine are that that are brilliant despite the cheap price. They grip well, roll well, and best of all, refuse to be punctured no matter how much glass and crap you pick up in your tyres. I've now run five sets through both the Hillbrick and the Europa and the only punctures were a single snake bite from where I'd let the pressures get too low through being slack (ie, the tyre wasn't penetrated) and another where something, I never found out what, cut a hole in the sidewall and tube so wide I could poke my finger through it. Part of my normal bike maintenance is to check for glass in the tyres (people around here are dickheads when it comes to disposing of bottles), and it's not unusual for me to be digging glass out of them. While my rears wear out, I usually replace the front at the same time due to the number of cuts from glass. I typically get near enough to 2,000 km out of a rear and seeing I weight the wrong side of 110kg, that's pretty good. They are all I buy now.