Old 01-10-15, 11:16 PM
devinfan

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemowbz
I like it very much!

The CLB brakes are neat; I had a similar pair on a Norco frankenbike I picked up some time ago in Montréal from a guy who refurb'd it (adding those and other bits).

I believe I saw on another thread that you've moved up size-wise due to back problems and the desirability - or, indeed, necessity - of a relatively minimal saddle-to-bar drop (though my memory does sometimes mislead me on me these matters). In any case, this example would seem to show us to be in the same size range for frames, and I will admit that a bike one's size often puts an extra sparkle in the eye.

This one is very nice, indeed. Great paint and details, and it looks as though a fairly tight wheelbase and steep-ish(?) head angle, so pleasantly agile and responsive to ride I'd imagine - even if not a tip-top-of-the-line offering.

The personal touch that lingers with such a thoughtful gift should keep the wind at your back!
Thanks mikemowbz! The Olmo does have pretty tight geometry. Strange combination with the fender eyelets, but who knows? This frame's seat-tube is 61cm c-t-c, which is quite a step up considering most of my frames are 54cm. I have to say it was nice to be able to get off of this bike and stand up without having to lean on the bike and then slowly groan and stretch myself upright. That's arthritis for ya. I think I could still ride a smaller frame for short distances but not for long trips like the Toronto - Niagara Falls rides I like to take, that's where this one will come in handy. I'm also experimenting with riser stems like Salsa's and their ilk to work with a smaller frame.