Old 01-11-15, 07:25 AM
chasm54
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenH
I've only seen the term "one year time trial" referred to by the Steve group. However, I don't know that it's a proper time trial either- participants are welcome to draft, ride in groups, ride tandems, whatever they care to do- unlike most proper time trials.
I doubt if he's too concerned about the definitions, it's just a catchy title for the attempt. And if he can find someone to draft for 205 miles a day, every day for a year, good luck to him, I say.

Originally Posted by MilesDealer
When I first read about Steve's planned attempt to break the record I considered it an idiotic way to spend a year out of one's life. While I still think that way I do log onto his website daily to see how he's doing. The mental grind I think must be horrible at times and I wonder if he can avoid injury and illness over for a whole year. Witnessing what he's doing makes it easier for me to get out the door for my mere fifty miles.
Well, maybe it's a waste of life. But on the other hand, the majority of people spend most of their time working at tedious, repetitive and largely meaningless tasks. And at the end of each year they've broken no records and done nothing that remotely realised their potential.

I agree with with you about the mental aspect. Formidable.