View Single Post
Old 10-30-05, 09:08 PM
KeithA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glassman
There are so many reasons why I ride and last evening as I was doing my 15 mile ride in the rural route near my home, I heard a noise to my left and saw a Doe and her young only 50 feet from the roadside, it was a beautiful sight and one I never get tired of seeing as I ride. I think many people who go thru life in fast forward will never understand how good cycling makes me feel.
I'm fortunate enough to see some wildlife on my rides, mostly foxes, some beaver, snakes, owls (I think they're especially cool), hawks, herons, and egrets. So, contained therein, is my answer to the thread: Each time has the potential for adventure or a memory. Once, on a windy day, I noticed something a few feet above me. I looked up and, heading into the wind like me, was a redtail hawk carrying a small rodent in its beak. Because of the wind, we were pretty much on the same pace for about 20 seconds and it seemed like an eternity. Today, was my first ride in colder, wet weather and it was an adventure. I was pretty much alone where I rode due to the time, the weather, and it being Sunday. Loved it.

By the way, Billy, check your PM's. I left some new information about the jersey from today's ride.

Cheers