View Single Post
Old 01-12-15, 02:15 PM
Azreal911

Bikes: Wheeler Mtn bike, Strida 5.0, Tern Link Uno, FSIR Spin 2.0, Dahon Mu P8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
as fancy as they are to me they just don't seem like effective fenders in a real rain besides just for looks. The front can be moved to only prevent splatter on the chainring and everything else would fling to your top tube. While the rear feels entirely useless since it will still fling it all over your seat tube, seat as well as the drivetrain.

The sks fenders aren't pretty but they are setup for full coverage along the entire wheel as well as extra mud flap extenders so absolutely nothing hits you but clean rain water. I rode my folder in drenching rain before and at the end of the ride there was zero grime on the drive train and frame. All I had on it was water which I cleanly wiped off with a cloth while my buddies road bike was just sand and grit all around the place. But then again you are in California which is a moot point while up here, there is ALOT of crud and after the snow melts it's just nasty without full fenders until the rain washes away the mess.

Last edited by Azreal911; 01-13-15 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling correction after reading what I wrote :)