cheeseflavor
Get A Life - Get A Bike

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Bianchi San Jose, '87 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glassman
Here is an interesting story about a bike rider attacked by a deer.
That is funny! Reminds me of early this summer, when Linda and I were camping at Willow River State Park in Wi. The road into the park is long and windy and almost all the way down hill. It was in the afternoon, so full daylight, and Linda was rolling fast down this hill about 100 feet in front of me and off to the right I see this dear come tearing down this hill at about a 30 degree angle to her and running in the same direction at her. Linda had to have been going 20mph at least as it was a good hill, and she saw it coming.

I don't think I've ever seen a dear run this fast. His legs, front and back were extending straight out on every stride, like he was trying to fly, and I could hear his hoofs beating the ground. He came off the hill and right onto the road at Linda. When he hit the road at full gallop, he skidded a bit, which probably bought Linda JUST enough time to make it by him safely, cause he ran right by as she went past.

I was laughing my behind off it was so funny. I could hardly control my bike I was laughing so hard. It was really one of the funniest things I've ever seen. There was poor Linda trying to control her bike with this hundred pound beast galloping down this hill in full stride right at her, and I know she could hear his hoofs pounding too. She was looking ahead, then looking at him, then looking ahead, then looking at him....

Oh my... ahhhh... deep breath.... hooooo....

Anyway, it was a hoot and it all turned out ok. We went back to our site and had a nice BBQ steak and a couple of fake beers and had a good laugh about it.

Wildlife definately adds to the experience to be sure.

Steve