View Single Post
Old 01-13-15, 08:48 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Oh, it's ok; I think of him every day anyway. Been nearly a decade; I don't think that will change.

Just the one cat, actually. He's had... less than positive experiences every time I've moved him somewhere with another cat, so no additions while I have him.
I had a great dog when I was in vet school & my residency. Gordon Setter. Totally fun dog. She survived jumping off the roof of the vet school (wasn't even injured), jumping out of a moving car (also not injured), and falling through the ice in a pond (guess what? uninjured).

She was also funny because she was obsessed with shadows, I think she confused them with birds. She loved to swim but was not buoyant like all my friends dogs, super skinny. If you took her to the beach and asked her where China was, she'd start digging a hole.

Haha one day I came home and no dogs at the door. She & my roommates black lab were sitting casually on the couch, legs crossed, as if nothing was up, she just didn't happen to hear me come home. So funny because she & the lab were covered head to toe in flour. They'd gotten into the pantry and the lab (who would eat anything) ate five pounds of flour. He was pretty sick from it. My dog was fine, I think she was just curious as to what he was doing and got inadvertently in the flour cloud.

That dog was 100% game for anything- especially if it involved running around in circles for hours. Hiking, swimming, boating, kite-flying, butterfly chasing, ice cream eating, etc. Never met anyone she didn't like. Well, she was always kind of afraid of Mr H, he never really liked her and she could tell. Truthfully she was pretty slobbery and hairy and exuberant.

Anyway, she eventually died of complications of a kind of uncommon tumor, an insulinoma. This tumor type secretes insulin spontaneously and makes the blood sugar low. Kind of sad in the end, because it sapped her energy and energy was this dog's defining element. But happy happy happy dog, never complained about one thing ever in her whole life. In turn, I had zero complaints about her. Just a totally good dog.