Thread: Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-15, 12:08 PM
RoadGuy

Bikes: 89 Schwinn 754, 90 Trek 1100, 93 Trek 2300, 94 Trek 1400 (under construction), 94 Trek 930, 97 Trek 1400

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Monkey D.Luffy
The Cannondale looks maybe a 52, and the GT looks a 54. Would 200$ for the Caad be better?

The bikes look to me to be two sizes apart, hard to tell sometimes. The Diamondback looks like as 56cm, and the Cannondale a 52cm (or maybe a 54cm).

Also the setup on both bikes looks wrong. If someone is riding them that way, the bikes are both undersized for the riders, and I'd be looking to see if the seatposts are overextended, and if there is some damage to the seatpost and/or the seat tube.

To determine what would be a good deal, you need to see the bikes in person, and determine if they even fit. If both bikes were priced at $200, in similar physical condition, and both bike fit, most people would gravitate towards the Cannondale as a better value at $200. I would say the better value bike FOR YOU would depend on your intended use for the bike. If riding is your objective, pick the bike that rides better (calls to you) in your estimation. If "Flipping" the bike is your objective, the Cannondale will sell for more money in the end, BUT may take longer to sell than the Diamondback will (since the Diamondback will sell more quickly for less money).