Old 01-21-15, 02:59 PM
dtrain
L-I-V-I-N

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by txags92
Ok, I will bite...why sell a Caad-10 so that you can buy a new Caad-10? Why not just upgrade the one you have? If you are going to upgrade, then upgrade. Don't sell one bike at a discount because it is used so that you can buy the same bike at a premium price. That is not an upgrade, that is spending money to have something new. I would start with figuring out what it is about your existing bike that you don't like and think needs to be upgraded. From there, figure out if it is more cost effective to buy a whole new bike to get what you are looking for or if you would be better off just upgrading the group or components. Believe me, once you buy a house, you will find PLENTY of things to spend money on...
+1. If the frame is solid...wheels and 11 speed groups can be had pretty cheaply. No reason to sink money into another CAAD10. Either aim higher or don't bother.

(Edit: I see now that you clarified your reasoning. Bummer about your paint. I'd guess 6800, and definately 5800, is cheaper than you are thinking.)

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur