View Single Post
Old 01-23-15, 12:08 AM
Dreww10

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Wow, this post has gotten popular. The CAAD10 has already been sold, so I have a fresh slate and cash in-hand. And while I'd love to n+1, I can't justify more than one good bike. In fact, keeping one would seriously diminish the budget of the next.

I've crossed off the Scott's. Great price, nice bikes, but just can't come to terms with their color/paint schemes. Got a pretty nice price quote on a Cervelo R3, and keeping that as a possibility, but the dealer (the nearest one) is two hours away, which isn't real helpful for test riding, service, or warranties. Locally, that leaves Specialized, where my options are the Tarmac Expert, or selling my still-in-the-box Dura-Ace C35 clinchers I have to offset the cost of the Pro Race, which has carbon Rovals that may or may not last longer than the C35's. This is, after all, a long-term purchase made on the hopes that my upcoming home selection just happens to be sitting atop millions in previously undiscovered oil reserves, so an investment in wheels matters too.