Old 01-23-15, 11:28 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Lance is or rather was more bankable than Lemond for a couple of reasons. Lemond was a nice looking guy but not nearly as articulate as Lance publically. He doesn't come across as solid. I believe this had little to do with Lemond's intellect, it was just the way he presented himself. Its pretty obvious who the nicer guy was. Lemond is known to be very sensitive and caring guy and Lance is as ruthless and cold blooded as they come. The only other athlete that comes to mind like that I know of is Tiger Woods. I am sure there are others as well. Lemond is the classic nice guy with inordinate talent that had a bit of bad luck in life...especially with his hunting accident.
Lemond at full song at the top of his game was magic. The best. Armstrong also had extraordinary talent and he got what he deserved.
Exactly right.

Both were extraordinary talents but they made different choices. One went to the right side, the other went to the dark side.

Greg LeMond lives around here. His reputation in the community is a good one. There are many one on one stories of what a decent human he is.

J.