View Single Post
Old 10-31-05, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Funny... I live at the corner of Glebe, Glebe and Glebe. I couldn't believe the nutiness when I saw it. And mapquest still doesn't get that crap right! I gave up with mapquest a loooooooong time ago!

Thanks for the well wishes. I took my first ride in today- a chilly 46 degrees heading out in near darnkess/early sunrise with winds in my face and it took nearly an hour because I somehow made the wrong turn when I got into DC (doh!), but I quickly saved it and rode through the park, then down a deserted one way, which got me onto 12th St. pretty quick, and from there, I just jumped E Street. And doh! I missed every green, so I spent most of my time waiting at those long assed lights. But I finally did get up to work... in just under an hour. I had 3 changes of clothes, two heavy bike locks, my radio, some books, and a pair of shoes on me. Coming back was much easier... I left at about 4:07pm, then got stopped for 5 minutes by the Rosa Parks motorcade, then finally made it home at about 4:45pm. That was a fast commute home! But then again, I had nearly all greens headed back.

It must be more of a downhill or just less hills in general coming back. Then again, my bag was a lot lighter headed home too. And it was much warmer. It was a perfect 70 degrees headed home!

Tomorrow, I work the late shift. I have to decide if I'm going to take the bike on the train when I'm headed back or drag the lights and ride back. We'll see.

Koffee