Old 01-25-15, 07:16 AM
Hoss Cartright

Bikes: Schwinns, lots of them. Some Paramounts

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Obscure enough that there has been not one on ebay in the past three months. It seems that all but one of those links is French. The sticker by the shifters is a bicycle shop in Pau France. The address of 15 Rue Carnot is legitimate. On one of those links, the Reynolds 531 sticker was located precisely where the dealer sticker is on this bike. Perhaps the dealer placed that sticker there in place of a mangled 531 sticker? who knows...

Seems that this sticker on this bike was a dealer in Pau France and maybe a past owner brought it to the states? So much more popular of a brand in Europe I suppose? Perhaps not imported to the states at any time? Kind of wishing I had made an offer on it, as it is in very good condition and quite unique.

Yesterday evening, the guy who has it now made a comment on a post that I had made elsewhere. He says that he doesn't know history of the bike but he did do the latest refurbish and build. He is the one who placed the stem, bars, brakes, saddle and post on the bike. He also says it is original paint, and he believes that the wheels and Campy parts are original to the bike.