Old 01-26-15, 02:54 PM
sarals 
Idiot Emeritus

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts
Back on the bike today after five days off. I was in SoCal for a convention, so while there I *** a sum total of 12 miles. I wanted to get the last *** out to 10K, but the pace wasn't there, and neither where the hips. I also ran into "old lady issues" where the ****ing caused me to hang on to every drop of water I consumed in the last week, like almost four pounds worth. I hate that, but it is what it is. Coach had me doing a "pyramid pace" ride today, stepped intervals, and they were hard but only because it was difficult to stay in the defined power range for each step. It would have been easier, much easier, on the trainer. I did what I could, though, and felt just fine.

Next race is a road race at the end of the February, unless I can sneak a crit or TT in somewhere. We'll see!

Glad to know you all are doing well and hunting and fishing and beating yourselves up!