Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
That may be how it works in your mind, but can you not see the problem with prohibiting people from bike-camping freely if they don't follow all the steps you mention. You're basically saying that you have to save up a king's ransom to buy your own freedom for a little while. It's a slave mentality.
That's not just how it works in my mind ... that's how it works in reality too. I deal in the actual and real, rather than the theoretical, hypothetical, and rhetorical. If you take steps to get a good job, and perhaps additional jobs as well (all of which I've done), then you are in a position to do a wide variety of things ... your choice.

And you don't have to save up a "king's ransom". Nor is it a slave mentality. It's all about priorities. We all have to work for a living, that's a fact of life ... the chance of winning the lottery or receiving an inheritance from a rich great uncle is pretty low ... but we can make choices about what we do for a living, and then what we do with what we earn.

Regarding "bike-camping freely" ... I'm not sure where that came from in this thread, but you've mentioned it in other threads, and people can and do bike camp freely. Free camping is widely available in many countries, and there is a segment of the cycletouring group who are quite adept at "stealth camping" or wild camping or bush camping or free camping or whatever you would like to call it.