View Single Post
Old 01-26-15, 06:59 PM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka

I've no idea where your head lives ... I don't think I care to know ... sounds like a scary place.

It probably would be scary to you. It sounds like you can't understand many things I say.

But over here in the real world ... we train to get jobs/careers in an area or areas that interests us, we work for a wage or salary, we may acquire further training as necessary, we live frugally within our means (as zonatandem's post so eloquently points out), we save, we make plans for the things we want to do, and after or throughout a period of time (i.e. the "5-year plan"), we carry out those plans.
All you have to do is stop asserting that norms and perspective constitutes a 'real world' and you can say what ever you believe without stepping on toes. If you prefer not to offend, you could restrict your assertions of reality to things that physically exist, i.e. things made of atoms, molecules, and energy.

And as for living simply, we try to do all this in the best place we can find that is within our budget and will suit our purposes. And relating this to living car free ... we try to do all this in a place where we can limit our motor vehicle usage.
Yes, and some of us are attempting to expand the ability to live car free by identifying obstacles and questioning them . . . until people like you question our questioning by insisting that reality cannot be questioned.

Meanwhile, of course, we enjoy life. Life should not be drugery. And we can enjoy life relatively frugally ... walking down to the beach and sitting in a sunny spot reading a book (like I did on Saturday) ... cycling the length of another nearby beach (like Rowan and I did on Monday) ... going to the lower-priced symphonies, plays and other events ... doing weekend cycling tours ... baking ...
LOL, I totally forgot Rowan is your partner when discussing his posts with you! I just assumed you knew him from online threads. I'm glad you guys are doing well and happy with your relatively simple and fruitful car-free living. I am too, although I guess you couldn't ever imagine that from the way you read my posts. Needless to say, I'm not willing to throw in the towel on progress just because I'm happy in the present. Part of what makes me happy is moving forward and helping move the world forward with democracy. If you hate the politics of questioning realities in the hope of stimulating the realities of change to occur, then I'm afraid you haven't embraced all of reality yet.