Old 01-27-15, 08:49 PM
Velocivixen

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by desconhecido
Have you tried repositioning the fulcrum? Moving it around changes the effective cable length. I think if you were to move it about 3/4" rearward, it might make your cable 3/4" longer, as if by magic.
Are you kidding me?! I didn't think of that. I tried moving the shifter closer to the stem but it didn't really help. So you're saying all I had to do is move the fulcrum clip? OMG I wish I would have been able to understand that. I ended up taking it all apart & installing a new shift cable, new heat shrink tubing, the whole set up. Oh well.

The ride quality was nice - cushy like a Cadillac. Reminded me of riding my1974 Motobecane Grand Jubile, only felt more "grounded" - maybe the weight. Still nimble though. Was able to remove my hands from the handlebars & pedal and the bike tracked well. The tires are inexpensive Kenda K40, so they're not the cause of the cushy ride. Maybe the curve of the fork helps absorb the road bumps. I adjusted the saddle a little, and loosened the shift cable a tiny bit. Other than that it rides nicely. The saddle is great but not the right shape for me. I do better with saddles shaped like a B17 vs the saddle which is wide & my upper hamstrings rub the saddle edge as I pedal - like it's too wide. I also really enjoy the 22T cog. Good advice on that. Here are a couple of photos of my 6 mile journey.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_4811.jpg (103.0 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG_4813.jpg (105.7 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by Velocivixen; 01-27-15 at 10:52 PM. Reason: spelling correction & added photos