View Single Post
Old 01-28-15, 10:11 AM
T13

Bikes: '84 Basso Pista, Masi Heinz '57 SS beater. Couple Stingrays...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by inCOGneto
I know this 100% based on personal opinion but this winter the weather has been hovering between 45-55 degrees, high 50's being my cut-off for whether I ride or not, mainly because I refuse to wear jeans or any kind of pants because I can't stand riding in anything but shorts. I will however wear a long sleeve and maybe a beanie under the helmet. But im pretty bummed out because I feel trapped in this damn house and really want to get out and ride. So after my lame rant I just want to know what you guys do in the winter ( California disregard ) and at what point do you just lean the bike and stay in.
Yer in South Carolina? There should be NO weather, unless it's hurricane weather that you can't ride in down there. people up this way ride in freezing, snow on the ground temps. I can't imagine the Carolinas are that brutal. If its too brutal for you down there, you should change yer avatar to a Teletubby! haha

Seriously though, as long as it's dry, **** it. When i was a messenger here in Cleveland, the only weather that really took it out of me was 40F and rain. Snow, to me, was preferable to just above freezing rain. I can't imagine Seattle. That's just the worst, to me, which is weird, because i surf up in NorCal, and I never seem to be too bothered. But that's sometimes suited up in 5mil wetsuit with booties and a hood and gloves.

Last edited by T13; 01-28-15 at 10:27 AM.