Old 01-28-15, 06:30 PM
FredyCro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrome Molly
You should be able to make it work as a double using the opposite side cable mount on the front d. You will likely be using the stop to tune the front d on the inner ring but it should work. I gave up trying to make Brifters work on a triple though... First try it without the drilling for the cable pull adjustment. You may find that between the stops and the derailleur travel that it works fine. You can also get a cross front d that is top pull and has a ratio for road shifters.
Or, you could get a really wide cassette (like 11-34) and set it up as a 1x8.
Thanks guys. Currently it will seat in a garage for couple of months since I am moving abroad for an exchange semester. I bought a really nice Ultegra 6600 crankset, so am contemplating on welding a downtube cable mount and go full Ultegra 6400-6600. Since I have a nice Columbus SLX road frame sitting around for almost a year and half now, I think this won't be the case. The problem is I have this 1994 STX crankset with crazy BCD and can't convert it to a single chainset, so I think I will keep my eyes open for an old square taper XT and pair it with a 9 speed XT mech and a wide casette. I mounted (sanding down with drill bits and spreading) MTB shifters on drop bars before and got it quite fine (my girlfriends Bottechia converted). My Nakamura looks like this now...