Old 01-29-15, 08:12 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 245 Times in 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
No. First, probably nobody on the entire forum would do so much to cover their tracks, in spite of his level of indiscretion. In fact, its pretty unprecedented in all of sport I believe. I will stand corrected if you can site another example as viscous. And there has been rampant cheating in sport with drug use to perform better. So we disagree there. For one thing its stupid. Anybody with an IQ above 80 would know that that tactic was doomed to fail. That level of corruption is bound to implode. You can't threaten and destroy others lives leaving them with nowhere to go without retaliation because that is what hard working men left with nothing will do. Lemond's indignance was he knew Armstrong raced dirty because he knew it wasn't possible to ride like that without. He would know. So lesson learned is....ruining lives has consequences.

You say not your area of expertise to determine sociopathic behavior.

This might help...definition:

A person with antisocial personality disorder. Probably the most widely recognized personality disorder. A sociopath is often well liked because of their charm and high charisma, but they do not usually care about other people. They think mainly of themselves and often blame others for the things that they do. They have a complete disregard for rules and lie constantly. They seldom feel guilt or learn from punishments. Though some sociopaths have become murders, most reveal their sociopathy through less deadly and sensational means.
My reply was strictly limited to the timing of his response about probably doping again. If you look further back in what I've written, I've said that any of the other civil and/or criminal acts that he committed should be dealt with accordingly and he should pay the price for them if found guilty. Other than that, he's definitely paying for what he did at some level. I guess what I'm concerned about is that he pay the same price that others have or that others who do what he did do pay a commensurate price as well.

As far as "sociopath" designations go, I'm curious where you went to medical school and where you did your residency in psychiatry. Without that, it's a slippery slope to go around labeling people with mental illness designations that you've discovered on the internet.

J.