Old 01-30-15, 12:34 PM
FIVE ONE SIX
SpIn SpIn SuGaR!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rideBjj
I'm actually shopping around for the best deal on the dura ace set right now. I did a lot of research and those wheels get rave reviews by pretty much everyone. They'll be replacing the 4.3+ pound wagon wheels on my Lynskey.

I put an order in with probikekit.com for them last week ($694 after discounts - though probably with some duty fees pending), but after 3 days of no activity, I got an email saying there was a "problem" with my payment method. No specifics, just a "problem". I'm quite certain I put in all the info correctly, using a CC that is 100% valid. Then after that happened, I started reviewing people's experiences with that place. What I read led me to just cancel the order.

Now I'm looking around again for a decent price, from somewhere with a reasonable trust rating. If anyone has any suggestions, me and OP would probably benefit.
i got my 6800's from Merlin Cycles, but if you want them quick (2-4 days) and you want to track it they're a bit on the pricey side for shipping.

i've ordered shoes from Bike24 before, cause they were the only place in the world that had the color and size Sidi i wanted at the time, and they were great too. the shipping is cheaper (19.99€, and you should get them in less than 10 days) and they have both the standard version and the tubeless ready versions of the Dura-Ace wheels for a pretty good price, which is about $710 and cheaper than Merlin Cycles...

standard - Bike24 - Shimano Dura Ace WH-9000-C24-CL Carbon-/Aluminium Wheelset - black/silver

tubeless ready - Bike24 - Shimano Dura Ace WH-9000-C24-TL Carbon-/Aluminium Wheelset - black/silver