View Single Post
Old 01-30-15, 04:21 PM
Leinster

Bikes: MBK Super Mirage 1991, CAAD10, Yuba Mundo Lux, and a Cannondale Criterium Single Speed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 297 Times in 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Campag4life
Aside from your early reflection about Lemond, can you distill down how your comments are relevant to discussion in the context of doping? Maybe you were simply talking about Lemond without intent to relate to discussion. In effect, based upon your story, Lemond was right, he wasn't fast enough. He couldn't keep up because his team wasn't up to it as stated. Not sure how that relates to discussion about Lemond however in terms of standing as a clean rider. Maybe you could explain further.
Thanks
Can you explain how Tiger Woods being an unpleasant individual is relevant on a cycling forum?

My post was about the timing of EPO coming into the peloton, which is agreed to be around the early 90s, and evidence of when it came in. Like I said, Kimmage was writing about EPO in a book published in 1990, so it must have been out there at that time.

It was also about how Lemond (the subject of this thread) seems to be of the belief that EPO landed in the Tour in 91, and that's why he lost the Tour that year. I contend that there are a few reasons Lemond lost the Tour that year, and if EPO was indeed one of them, it wasn't the only one.