View Single Post
Old 02-01-15, 02:48 PM
lindser112

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not a frequenter of the forums so I am seeing this a little late, but here's my two cents.
I bought a Tokyo last spring and I've ridden it three times. It is very fun for a leisurely ride around town or on bike paths. I do not recommend it as a commuter bike. The gearing is MUCH too low. 23"-46" if I remember correctly. The highest gear could be used to climb slight hills if you are a strong cyclist. This bike had me pedaling like mad just to go forward at a slow pace. You will risk being late to work. I also didn't care for the fold. It takes a lot of muscle to fold and unfold. It does seem sturdy and is very pretty. The 20" wheeled citizen bikes have higher gear inches (you can ride faster) and may be worth the extra expense. I will be selling my tokyo and looking for a low end dahon. Dahon vybe c7a is selling for $370 with free shipping on Amazon.

Originally Posted by ShermCraig
So, here we are about 3 years later - I'd like to see if any of the feelings expressed 3 years ago have changed. Anyone chime in? I'm considering a Citizen Bike and I live in Manhattan. I'll likely use it for commuting to work (not far) and just bopping around the city. I understand there have been improvements, but I imagine the other brands have also improved. So, what say you all? Thanks!!