Old 02-02-15, 12:28 AM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked 1,064 Times in 262 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson308
Yeah, what he said... what's the story with the (gorgeous) phone dial hubs? Great color staging too, BTW!
This bicycle was purchased on EBAY a few years back. It has some pedigree. The owner was ED or Theo Kron. He was a US cycling team mechanic and his family were local racers in the Chicago area. The bike was equipped with different rims front and rear. It also had a Gran sport rear hub and a Large flange NR front hub. I wanted to put a nice clean set of REtro Mod wheels and I had a pair of the Large flange "phone dial" hubs I got from a barn find. Didn't have matching skewers and the mavic rims you see here. I took off the Gran sport rear derailleur because it was the only "weak link" this bicycle has. The fancy seatpost replaced a cheep SR single bolt that was on there. If you guys know my collection you will also know I like my bikes pretty. What you don't see is the white San Marco gold plated rolls saddle that will be on it soon.

Cheers.