Old 02-02-15, 10:52 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18382 Post(s)
Liked 4,515 Times in 3,355 Posts
Originally Posted by Clang
The part where he's not willing to part with this mutilated wreck for "a couple hundred dollars" amused me.

Co-Motion Co-Pilot take-apart bike, frame damage (S Minneapolis, MN)

Co-Motion Co-Pilot take-apart bike, frame damage

This was a $2-$3000 bike before it was run over. The carbon fork was cracked, one side of the bars were bent, one rim was totaled and the other has a very small bend. The real problem: a fold in the steel top tube, which I cut out (about 2 inches). It's way to nice to throw out, especially with the S&S couplers. I was planning to weld a patch in, though I just discovered that entire tubes can be replaced. If it were my size I would without a doubt get it repaired by a pro, but since I'm 6'5" and it was from a 5'10" rider it's just another project I'm not getting to. I'm open to selling the frame or the whole thing including wheel hubs and Ultegra components. Serious parties only, please. I'm not giving away those components for a couple hundred dollars.

$2500 for frameset only: Co-Motion Espresso Co-Pilot Frameset - Americancycle.com USA
Old review: Co-Motion's Co-Pilot By: Chris Rutkowski
If there was one major bend in the frame, there are likely two bends in it.

If he is so willing to do so many tubing repairs, he might as well just rebuild the whole frame to be a 62 cm frame

Actually, I think the ad is a little ambiguous. The $2500 quote is for a new frame.
He is taking "serious" offers on this damaged frame.

A complete Ultegra Gruppo would be worth a few hundred if in good condition and working order.

S&S Couplers have very limited availability for amateur builders. You could cut them out of the frame and sell them on E-Bay for at least $300

One would have to do a complete inspection, but the bike could well be worth $500 in parts, but that is only for the person willing to do the work to get everything cleaned up.