View Single Post
Old 02-03-15, 10:01 AM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by myth001
I agree with Vince. I've had some cheap jerseys as well, and they've lasted pretty good. I can easily get at least 3 years before any issues with the jersey (stitching coming lose or a friend of mine's zipper hook snapping). So, considering you pay $30 for for at least 3 years isn't that bad. I can easily afford to keep multiple jerseys, and wash them only once a week.

I commute to work when weather permits (±30 km each way, 2-4 times a week). If I was buying all $100+ jerseys, I would have to wash them more frequently, and the wear and tear will also start to show.

I have some expensive ones ($100-$200 range) as well, bought on sales from various websites, and the wear and tear starts to show no different from the 'cheap ones'. In fact some of the long tights bought from Nashbar and Ribble are wearing out worse than the ones bought from Ali/eBay.
Why do more expensive jerseys have to be washed more frequently? Do you mean you wouldn't be able to afford to have as many, and would be wearing the same ones more often? There is no point to judging longevity by how long a jersey holds up. It makes more sense to reduce the question to the more basic issue, how many washes will it withstand. Then if the cheap and expensive perform similarly, it is just a matter of what you like and can afford.

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...