Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
What do you use for
cables: Novara Teflon from REI-if I only need the cable
housing: Jagwire or Campagnolo, especially if I need the kit
tips and crimps: good question, I ran out a short time ago, use whatever I can find, scavenging between minor refills of the jar

What are your opinions on
galvinized vs stainless vs teflon coated cable wires: 1-Teflon, 2-Stainless, 3-Not
Is housing a big deal? Yes. I go for performance when non-friction, appearance on friction.
Do you need the fancy jagwire stuff "need" is a strong word, but yes, my ego dictates the big kid stuff
or will the lower end stuff do just fine? not if I'm going to ride it a lot and it's not friction

At numerous times I've considered buying bulk.
Do you recommend this option or do you usually go on a pay as you need basis? As needed.

Bulk buying mandates that I make some choices before I've even bought the other stuff on impulse.
It also indicates that I have a "n+1" problem and am willing to admit it. I don't go there.

The worst thing for this is pegboard. I like hanging stuff up just like the bike shops.
This, of course, leads people to think it's available, just like the bike shops.
Some of it is decoration, some to torture 1 or 2 specific visitors, and some just to act capable.

Last edited by RobbieTunes; 02-03-15 at 06:41 PM.