View Single Post
Old 02-05-15, 01:40 PM
bmthom.gis

Bikes: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Rival; 2014 Cannondale Trail 7 29; 1972 Schwinn Suburban, 1996 Proflex 756, 1987(?) Peugeot, Dahon Speed P8; 1979 Raleigh Competition GS; 1995 Stumpjumper M2 FS, 1978 Raleigh Sports, Schwinn Prologue

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Name/Model of Bike:Univega Rover 305

Pictures:

Before I switched the seat post...which was too small

The one in back, obviously. A vintage mtb ride around town with my friend who has the Ross Mt. Hood

Price: FREE! Well, I traded a bike that was way too big for me, so fifty bucks.

Weight: 28ish?

Distance & Terrain: 6 miles RT usually. Some good roads, some really crappy roads. This thing is an urban assault beast.Purchase Info: This was the shop bike at the shop my friend (and eventually, I) worked at before they sold out to a chain which went bankrupt. The owner had a soft spot for Univegas, so he kept it around. My friend ended up with it, and said he would let it go cheap, so I proposed trading back a bike I had bought from him that I wasn't going to use (has a really nice Shimano 600 Arabesque group on it). It already had purple bar ends and a purple bottle cage, so I rolled with it and bought a purple seat post (the one it had was bent, and the only other 25.4 post my friend had was way too short). He also had some new in package purple canti hangers. I have a purple QR seatpost skewer on the way. I need new brake pads, the grips are wearing through, and it could use new shifters, but it is a great bike to ride. 4030 chromoly frame and fork.
Other:
I love this bike as an urban assault/commuter. Eats up the terrible roads, zips along nicely, and those colors! If I wanted, I could put a rack and fenders on...but I won't.