Thread: seam pain
View Single Post
Old 02-05-15, 02:42 PM
mrfreezesdefy3

Bikes: 2016 giant advanced carbon disc bike ,w HED belgiums,dt swiss 350 hubs,all new ultegra drive train etc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
seam pain

I've been riding a mountain bike but had a busy couple of yrs n needed motivation, and my buddies all ride road bikes so I sold my bike and went down to sunshine bike shop and got fitted for a new giant defy 3 , figured the step up from the 5 would be better. COMPONENT wise .any way first ride 10 miles then gave my tween 4 days off pain!!! Hopped back on tue pulled out another 8.92 I've got bike pants that's padded. N good padded gloves .n bike seems set right according to my bike guy .but as I was trolling thru other post a guy said that if I get seam soft tissue pain be careful n one guy said that's where ur sewed together at down there lol .I saw a biker the other day and he had a split in his seat .so as I ride more I know I'll toughen up some .but what's the benifit to that seat ........I'm 311lbs n I feel that giant wouldn't put a bad seat on a grand priced bike .much less I know it's smaller than my mountain bike was .any thoughts ???
Ps thanks in advance
Bruce a
Oh and I'm going to order me some chamois padded riding shorts