Originally Posted by lotek
ok, I brought up the politics, not that that's
ever happened before.
Anne unfortunately has a point, albeit she has a very convoluted
way of making it.
Bikes, refusing to yield to faster moving vehicles does pose
a problem, I agree with Zorro on this.
We (cyclists) are just as responsible for the problems
of sharing the road as the cagers in SUVs.
Ever blown through stop signs? Run a red light?
refused to yield to faster traffic?
weave in and out of traffic in rush hour?

All of the above just plays into the cagers arguments.
I do think Eventservices is onto something,
maybe Anne is a Crusader for the Rights of Freds?

marty
Actually no i havent done any of it. Rolled through a stop sign when its totaly obvious there is zero trafic sure. Refuseing to let a motorist pass when its unsafe to do so is a legal right. You do not ever have to put your self in danger to allow another vehical to pass no matter what your on or in.

Some one who ispissed at a cyclist because the cyclist is acting like a idiot is not a cager. But this anne needs to hear the old argument if the shoe fits....

"If there is a narrow lane to the outside of the white line, USE IT. I know you are too cool to use the sissy lane, but you are impeding traffic."
She says this with out regards to hazards that may be in that so called sissylane. Also doesnt mention the road it happened on. For all we know its a 20 to 25 mph residential street thats all flat or down hill. I can easly maintain 20 mph on the roads up at the local park. I can hit and maintain 25 if I push my self just a little. Coming home from the park i can hit 25 just from coasting and 30 if i pedal even moderatly fast. Speed limit in silver creek 25mph speed limit on jhonson 35 mph In both cases im able to maintain the speed limit or the speed limit.

What im going to asume based on what little info she provided she wanted to blast down a road well above the speed limit and some cyclists got in her way that were at or near the speed limit.

As you said though this is fox so id not put it past them to fake the posting to get some htis and ratings. After all they got at least as many hits to that page as this post got views 626 as of clicking the link this time.