Old 02-09-15, 05:24 AM
rideaz

Bikes: Giant TCR, Giant Anthem, Felt CX

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I did 2 races this weekend:
McDowell Mountain circuit race: 1.6 mile loop out in the desert with a 1/2 mile climb each lap (not steep). I raced Masters and got away on the second lap for a solo effort the rest of the way. In the P12 race, we were combined with Collegiate A (I was old enough to be their mom) and I got away on the 3rd lap with 2 college girls. We stayed away and I won.

Sun Devil Crit: I didn't think I was going to enjoy this one, it was more technical, had some tight turns and road furniture. However, there are some pro teams in town for the stage race next week and I knew it would make it fun. We don't really get that level of competition here and it made the women's fields bigger. I raced Masters first, got out front with a lady wearing a world championship jersey (TT). Very fun! Came in second place to her. In the P12 race, I pretty much observed Pepper Palace and Monster Media do their thing while just being thankful I could hang on. It came down to a big group sprint. I left before the results were all sorted out but I think I was 9th.

So, 2 first place, a second and a group finish. Very happy with all that and had a great time with my friends and teammates!