View Single Post
Old 02-09-15, 03:42 PM
VNA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveLeeNC
That is UGLY.Typically a broken toe is just a 'be careful and wait for it to heal'. But i guess not in all cases.

Just curious - you seem to be astro-knowledgeable. What kind(s) of scopes/bino's/etc do you use?

BTW, there is a place near Chester, Ca. (up towards Mt. Lassen) called "Drakesbad Ranch". It is a very rustic place (very rustic) catering to horseback riding and hiking. But back in the 90's they had this open field with a clear view of the sky. It is very dark and a great place to go for an astro vacation. But I haven't been there since the late 90's. Note that I lived in Livermore from 1995 through 2000.

dave
Hello Dave: There is this: goldenstatestarparty.org Close to Mt Lassen?
I also belong to Mount Diablo Astronomical Society Home Page
I go in August to Glacier Point (Yosemite) at 7,000 feet with unbelievable views and very dark skies!

I have a 6 inch Celestron refractor and a 10 inch Mead SCT.

The big toe unfortunately can't be taped to the next one, besides it is an unusual break and dislocation apparently, March 12 the pins will be removed--I have to be so careful not to bang it against anything--did it yesterday and it really hurts! At least the ankle will not get stiff unlike a cast!

Last edited by VNA; 02-09-15 at 04:10 PM.