View Single Post
Old 02-09-15, 09:39 PM
Velocivixen

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by michaelz28
thanks , i checked out their web site and there is a good selection . i got my eye on one . anyone ever hear of originals coming up on ebay or craigs list ?
Hi, I bought a great condition Carradice seat roll I think they called it on my local CL. It's tubular shaped, black with white leather straps. It looks small, but I was surprised at all the stuff I could fit inside. I have a new Careadice Barley and it's seriously big for most of my needs. Only if I'm carrying lunch, a jacket, binoculars, etc. do I use it. So keep your eyes on CL & you might see one come up.

Did your kickstand arrive yet?

Question: I replaced my indicator pin and noticed on the old one where the last link attaches to the pin itself, the link is rigid and does not pivot around. The link on the new pin pivots around its rivet. I felt like there was an almost imperceptible difficulty shifting from Normal to high - like something was slightly hung up or something. I replaced the clutch spring which was firmer & taller than the old one. Since High gear places the clutch in its relaxed position I thought maybe the clutch spring wasn't pushing it down easily. Replacing the spring didn't change anything.

So, now with the new indicator pin I notice an improvement. When I shift Normal to High nothing feels "hung up". Goody. So.....all of you, with old indicator pins, go remove them and tell me if the last link is stiff or freely moves about its rivet onto the indicator pin.

I know. I'm bossy. Seriously though I'm very curious about this.

Last edited by Velocivixen; 02-09-15 at 09:58 PM.