Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by hairnet
Oh jesus christ it's horrific

It's an awesome bike. Read this review.

When this bike first arrived, I got a few of my friends from the gym to help me carry the box from my front porch to the living room, where we unpacked it. 11 days later, after a few quick trips to the local bike shop for a some extra screws, new calipers and cables and a new bottom bracket, my baby was born.

It's hard for me to express just how much I adore the fine craftsmanship and high quality components that went together into making this bike. I call her Machete, because that's what it says on the top tube and again on the seat tube where there is also a *****en picture of an actual machete-knife thingy. I suspect people are a little bit intimidated to see a person riding on a bike called Machete. They are always running behind saying, "Hey, something came off your bike," or some such, trying to shake me up or throw me off my game. But I ain't got time for that.

I don't have any complaints, but if I did have one it might be that the head tube seems to be separating from the down tube above the front fork, and kind of wiggles a bit. I'm not sure if that's bad or not, but so far there have been no problems beyond a few cracked spokes and a broken seat clamp and a snapped pedal. 5/5