Thread: Sleeping bags
View Single Post
Old 02-13-15, 02:40 PM
RiseAlways

Bikes: 1970s Peugeot UO-8, 1980 Peugeot PXN10E "Super Competition", 1985-86? Miyata 610, 2012 Trek 3500 Mtn Bike, late 1800s project build/bike (will it ever get finished?..your guess is as good as mine! HA!),etc...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machka
Get something rated for the cold end of your range, and yes, if you want to be comfortable at 0C, go for one rated to about -10C.
When it is hot, simply sleep on top of it with a sarong over you. When it is cold, you'll appreciate the warmth of the sleeping bag.

Mine is down and if I recall correctly, I got it in Canada at MEC.
+1 on that!

definitely overshoot on the lowest cold rating of your bag!
keep in mind that some bags maybe "rated" for 0 when in reality when it hits 0 you're already cold!
-10 is a good idea but id say depending on your budget etc look for something rated to even colder temps... Say -15 and so forth...!
Also...
hit up craigalist in area where hiking and camping is very popular.... I scored an amazingly warm bag (-15rating or better if I recall right off the top of my head?)....while I was looking at Craigslist Colorado...and I'm in PA! I think maybe it was used twice if that! Got a steal on it! It's a Big Agnes bag....Big Agnes gear is American Made and QUALITY STUFF, they have a great warranty too.