View Single Post
Old 02-17-15, 03:02 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
I was always a big guy, hit 209 as a freshman in college, was an offensive tackle, shot putter, discus thrower and surprisingly an XC runner, and motocross racer, in HS. I had hit 278 in 2011 with all the surgeries and each recovery period. Prior to the 16th, and final surgery, I was pretty much bed ridden with the intestinal fistula forming constantly and having to wear an ostomy bag, then my final recovery period got extended with in MRSA infection in the surgical wound requiring 2 rounds of IV infusion therapy. So it was inactivity over a long period and no riding, bad nutrition habits took over, and frankly, I didn't much care what happened to me. Riding, and a strict nutrition plan for kidney disease setting in, both got me back in to things, and active again. I managed to loose 100 lbs in just under 2 years, and have kept it off, thankfully.

Recently I returned to Facebook and posted a picture of me with my bicycle, wearing my regular kit of shorts and a jersey. A friend I have not seen in 15 years refused a friend request so I sent him the request again, with a message explaining who it was. He accepted and sent back a message to me saying he didn't recognize me. Funny thing was he said "Man, you are a stud, I didn't know you", this got me laughing as I am far from ever being a "stud" in any manner, shape of form.

I am feeling better than ever and do not miss the days of weight work and being huge, big arms never got me much of anything (OldsCool, don't throw things at your screen, its just my way of dealing with things now,) and I have more energy than ever. Doctors tell me my Parkinson's Disease would be worse on me than it is, so far, if I hadn't began riding and shed the weight, 100 lbs was a millstone around my neck that was dragging me under, I am glad its gone.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13