View Single Post
Old 02-19-15, 11:03 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by lopek77
^^^^^^^^^^^
I wonder if anyone knows any bicycle brick and mortar store that is doing great and growing in a nice rate each year. I'm not talking about big, national chain, or the ones that do mostly online sales... I believe that some in big cities or the ones on university campuses have their chance to grow.
I see a lot of talking about saving local stores, but I don't see us sharing names and good experience with them. Help your lbs to get more business using this forum. The best and the most flexible will survive.
There are a lot of great shops doing well, but for each of those there are 5 that are struggling. (Search for article on America's top 50 bike shops.) Some struggling because they lack business skills and some struggling because too many younger customers never even go in a bike shop because all they know is to buy everything online.

http://www.theactivetimes.com/50-bes...s-america-2014