View Single Post
Old 02-20-15, 12:20 AM
Doug64

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 435 Posts
Originally Posted by seeker333
Mirrorless interchangeable lens (MIL) cameras are relatively small and lightweight compared to SLR, and most take excellent photographs.

Sony A6000 Review - Overview

+1

My wife uses a Sony a6000, and it will do just about anything our DSLR's will do. It will even do some things better, like fit in her bar bag. The sensor is almost full size, and the picture quality is superb. She just got it this Christmas, but even though it is relatively new to her she is getting some great pictures.

Photography is an integral part of everything we do. On a 3-month tour through 7 European countries we shot 9,000 photos. That was the gross number, and after editing was significantly smaller, but it does take time whether it is a "keeper" or not.

A "mirrorless" camera with at least an APS-C size sensor will give excellent results. If you like to take pictures of people or action shots, a good digital or optical eye-level view finder is a real plus. It is faster than the screen, and less intrusive. That is one of the main reasons my wife opted for the a6000, the eye-level finder. For touring I still use one of the higher end compacts, a Canon G12, and get good (in my opinion) results.

You are right Pete, I probably couldn't get a good picture with a barrel full of lenses, but it is fun trying To me photography is a lot like bike touring; it is often the journey that is important, not the destination.

Last edited by Doug64; 02-20-15 at 03:22 PM.