View Single Post
Old 02-20-15, 02:17 PM
meanmojo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I started clipless about 7 or 8 months ago. I figured I would apply the same thought process to clipless as emergency procedures when flying. Theory is, you will do what you have been trained to do in a panic situation and the training comes in the form of mindless repetition LOL. Despite all the practice I still went down a couple of times early on. Not because I forgot I was strapped in, but something happened I wasn't expecting and needed to get out quickly. So I panicked, and instead of turning ankles, pulled straight up and we know how that ends. There's not enough time to think, "oh crap, I should rotate out". You just keep on pulling until the event has ran it's course LOL. However I think what happens next is what matters. The pain!! Your brain finally catches on that failing to get out of pedals hurts and its not nearly as likely to happen a third time. Kinda like the child that burns his hand on the stove. Brain says to hell with that! and it doesn't happen again. IMHO I think you gotta go down to complete the process