View Single Post
Old 02-20-15, 07:47 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4204 Post(s)
Liked 3,862 Times in 2,310 Posts
It's interesting how the pace of projects can ebb and flow. Like time isn't consistent. Seems like forever to move and start the shop building. Then time quickened and peg board is being hooked and tools bolted in place. For tonight's pleasure are 5 shots.

#1 is the peg board being hung. Some of the 7+ sheets could be screwed directly to a wall or studs. But some needed a frame of 2x3s to mount to.

#2 has the peg boards painted, they really soaked up the primer! The boxes on the bench have the hundreds of hooks ready for tool hanging.

#3 shows two of my vices, a Rapid 125 and a Woden 86B5, bolted down. Being a short guy the benches are only about 28" tall.

#4 has the grinders, drill press and my lathe being mounted. I really wanted the drill press to go on the other side of the shop next to the tool boxes but the HAC ducts are too low for overhead clearance.

#5 has that all important requirement, the stereo. Right now it is playing the AHL game (Amerks VS Stars, we're loosing). It took some brain storming to come up with the hanging system. I wanted a quick and cheap method that could be easily changed as things evolved.

Next up will be hand tool hanging to empty out many of the moving boxes and setting up the repair stand by the mechanical bench. Maybe then I can cut down and toss the huge sewing table that many of the boxes are on/under. That will free up the space to establish the flat surface plate. A 20A outlets run, the lighting, exhaust fan and wash sink remain before the shop is pretty much done. Andy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0585.jpg (90.8 KB, 28 views)
IMG_0589.jpg (97.2 KB, 28 views)
IMG_0590.jpg (96.2 KB, 27 views)
IMG_0591.jpg (93.4 KB, 31 views)
IMG_0592.jpg (95.9 KB, 32 views)