View Single Post
Old 02-20-15, 08:15 PM
Coluber42

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a pesticide sprayer for hosing down the bike somewhat if it's covered in caked-on stuff that will just melt all over the bike room. Don't know why I never thought of it before!
@Dahon.Steve - I've got to disagree there. Winters in Boston always make me appreciate the fact that I don't own a car and don't have to rely on buses or trains. But I've never appreciated it more than I do right now. People are getting into fights over dug-out parking spaces. I have friends who have replaced *multiple* side mirrors that got broken off while their cars were parked, due to the streets being so narrow. I know people who drive 8 mi to work and this month it consistently takes 1.5-2 hours EACH WAY. The transit system has been brought to its knees; lots of people are standing around outside waiting for buses and trains every day for longer than the total time than it takes me to ride to work. Pretty much the only people I know who have been able to go about their normal routines with minimal disruption are the ones who bike to work.
It's not that many people, but they're out there. I'm sort of surprised that the current situation hasn't driven more of them to it out of plain desperation.