Old 02-20-15, 09:10 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by gerv
Well.. just keep in mind that studded tires are really great on ice, but not much help if there's snow on the ice. I have studded tires, but the studs themselves aren't always beneficial. For the road surface you are describing a really knobby MTB tire with low air pressure is about as good as it gets. Go slow, get ready to dismount if hit a snow drift and don't attempt any fancy maneuvers like trackstands or standing on the peddles.

Or, as I say above, get the bus
I've never gotten studded tires because here I might see 3 days of use per year, all when traffic is snarled anyway. So I usually hike or stay home. But my current employer is a stickler on showing up for work. This morning I didn't know what to do. It was supposed to be sleet, then snow then rain. I woke up at 3 to hedge my bets. But by 5, the time when I would have to leave if walking, the bus had declared that they were running a normal schedule. The sleet and snow didn't materialize and the rain was sporadic.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.