View Single Post
Old 02-21-15, 02:12 PM
MassiveD

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I got a couple of bodies for Pentax Q system camera, it reminds me of my Rolleiflex, and Minox cameras I used to backpack with. In fact it all started with the false notion that things being what they are, there ought to be 35 mm film sized camera that would allow one to use older cameras. Which I think someone is working on, but it is better to just buy a new body and adapters, or better still all new.

Or you can get swayed by this guy's cultish devotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8QdMmI7RyM

There are more advanced versions of the Q depending on how new you want your stuff. The original Q has that retro flavor , and was made to compete in the just south of 1K market, so it feels very precise. The more capable subsequent versions of it like the q10 are based on "plastic" bodies that are more typical these days and save some weight, and offer better performance. The original Q was a 700 dollar camera, but they rapidly dropped the price and introed the new models. The result is a market glut of small cameras around the 100-120 range lens extra, or base lens versions around 150.