Old 02-22-15, 11:51 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by dddd
I got lost early on with this thread, possibly the deleted posting has thrown me for a loop!

My more recent interest is in the Centurion Carbon frames, which are among the flexiest, comfiest frame ever made,

allowing me to recover from a very bad bruise of the palm from hitting a pothole while riding a steel bike.
I am still trying to figure out the origins/manufacturer of these frames, just as I am unfortunately at a complete loss as to who made that rare Basso carbon!

I don't know, but the juxtaposition of carbon material and the familiar dimensions of steel-bike architecture appeals to me, at least in part because I am one of the skinny ones who won't induce some sort of deadly speed wobble at high speed or flat out break the thing.

The Centurion is said to be made with carbon-wrapped aluminum tubes, but all I know is that I love the ride an appreciate that the 740x-equipped bike tips the scales at 18.6lbs with pedals.

And BTW, the Specialized and Giant variants of the lugged-carbon theme use oversized carbon tubing for exemplary stiffness, while the Japan-produced Centurion does not.
Here.