View Single Post
Old 02-23-15, 02:25 AM
keyven

Bikes: Fully customized 11-spd MTB built on 2014 Santa Cruz 5010 frame; Brompton S2E-X 2014; Brompton M3E 2014

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
I wonder how many customers they actually turn away due to the silly policy?

Say there are 300 million people in the USA.
Say one out of 300 gets turned away from a fast food restaurant for walking or riding a bike up to the driveup window... especially after hours when there may be no alternative.

That would be over a million lost sales. Potentially many more if the actions affect future sales, or affect the sale of items for multiple people.

As they say in business, it is a lot easier to loose old customers than to gain new customers.

Anyway, bad policy could potentially loose a business more money than they might loose if there was actually a lawsuit.
Apparently the demand is not quite there to force a re-think of the system. Your figures are extremely optimistic.

I guess the majority of peds or cyclists will simply shrug their shoulders and find an alternative. Having one bad experience hardly means people will swear off an enjoyable, convenient ff joint forever. It's the militant minority who gets upset when the world doesn't revolve around them.

I think having an alternative walk/cycle-through makes sense, but if thousands of fast-food restaurants start allowing foot traffic and cars to mix, especially during late hours, people are most definitely going to get hurt.